Monday, June 3, 2013

May Reading Rundown



May has been full of travel, meetings and nights of beautiful weather spent walking Lake Michigan instead of reading a book…. and I’m okay with that! The books I have read this month have all been excellent  and another huge pile of books I’ve had on hold from the library arrived this week, so I’m looking forward to June reading even more.  Better yet, my local library is doing a summer reading program for adults!! The grand prize (from a drawing - one entry per book read): An hour long massage at a posh local salon. Yesss!! I’m in!

In May I Read:

Death of a Hussy  By M.C. Beaton

Does this church make me look fat? By Rhoda Janzen

Dearie By Bob Splitz

Jane Eyre By Charlotte Bronte

Mr. Penumbra’s 24 Hour Bookstore

And a professional  development Book no one other than me cares about, but totally counts toward my goal of 50 books in 2013!

My Favorite:

Jane Eyre  is aclassic I was never required to read in school, was glad I waited to read it of my own free will so I could appreciate it. Although, I always loved the books we read for school… with the exception of Huck Finn.
And there’s Mr. Penumbra’s 24 Hour Bookstore. Wow. Another one of those books that makes you wonder how people come up  with these story lines! Amazing to think about how their brain must work. An absolute bibliophile’s dream!!

Total Count: 31 (8)

No comments:

Post a Comment