Friday, May 31, 2013

Favorite Things Friday



Little confession: I have very few close friends, but lots of casual acquaintances. If you look at my personality type, ESFJ (on the Meyers-Briggs typology) this is not surprising. The few really close friends I have, I have had for a very long time and they have changed my life in ways I never could have predicted. One of those friends, Betsy, I have never actually met in person. Betsy and I met through the blogging world and that turned into years of long had, snail mail correspondence during and after undergraduate and now we have a 50/50 online and snail mail thing going on. Betsy is flying north for my wedding in October, to be one of my bridesmaids and just thinking about it makes me giddy!

Anyway! One of the things I love most about Betsy is her graciousness and the thankfulness she projects into the world. If you visit her pinterest page it says “These are a few of my favorite things.” (yes, I know it’s from Sound of Music). Everytime I see that it makes me sing the Julie Andrews song, which makes me incandescently happy. That is what inspired me to share one of MY favorite things with you every Friday. It might be a book I think you should read, a particularly lovely photo of Lake Michigan from my walks with Future Hubby that week, a poetic post about how much I love my locally made wooden spoons (it’s coming…. you just wait!) or an awesome recipe I’m challenging you to try over the weekend.

Today’s favorite thing is:


Cast iron Skillets

Mine are old Wagner Wear pieces (made in the USA)  and the one you are looking at is a number 6. I also own  5 and 3 and I’m currently on the lookout for an 8 and 10 that are in good shape.  There is an awesome flea market in August where I bought this one and my 3, and where I’ll be looking for more this summer. My number 5 was the world’s best Valentine’s Day gift from Future Hubby this year. I LOVE these pans. Properly seasoned and cared for they are amazingly non-stick, they put trace amounts of iron in your food (which is good for you) and they are so pretty!!  They bring me joy every time I use them... how many people can say that about a pan?

1 comment:

  1. Aww!! This made me smile; you are such a sweet friend! :)

    ReplyDelete