Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Welcome to our home!



Welcome to The Red Homestead, home to my redhead future-hubby, our two orange cats, Simon and Marvin and me, your redheaded hostess. After a two year hiatus from blogging I find myself here, craving participation in the online community, but with very different things to talk about than what we did at my old internet home. 

Future-hubby and I have recently moved from a quaint Northern Michigan farming town to a bustling urban area on the shores of Lake Michigan, for future-hubby’s new (dream) job. We went from tight knit community and sprawling green spaces to 900 square feet (with beautiful original hardwood floors!) and a 10x10 ft patio. In our attempt to reestablish home and become a part of our new community we are sticking to firm convictions about eating local, “making do” and using the skills our parents and grandparents have taught us to be self-sufficient (together) in this world. 

As we approach the new year I hope you will join me in my homesteading attempts. Be a voice in conversations and correct me when I am treading down the wrong path (as I do quite frequently, usually with humorous results). What’s on this year’s agenda? Quilts, making aged cheese, building a potato tower, finishing multiple pair of knitted socks and finding a local dairy in our new hometown.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kristina!

    I'm so glad you're back in the blogging community again! I'm looking forward to all of your new adventures in your new place!

    I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    Have a lovely day!

    ~Affectioknit-ly,

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Teresa! I'm excited to be back and blogging with all of the awesome people talking about sustainable living (you included!)

    ReplyDelete